Partnering with Schools
Whether through an internship program or participating in a college job fair, building relationships with schools and students can help grow your workforce. To connect with programs in your area check out these ready-to-use tools:
Outreach to Nearby Sites
- Take a look at these lists of Northern California and Southern California schools with relevant programs (business, hospitality, nursing, culinary, gerontology, etc.) to find contacts in your region.
- When calling nearby program sites, use these talking points.
- Use these fact sheets to demonstrate opportunities for individuals:
- Have the chance to visit a class or made a great connection? Let us know and we’ll provide you with flyers and other helpful materials.
Interested in hosting interns at your community, but aren’t sure what it entails? Check out The Ins & Outs of Offering Internships.
- Review this checklist regarding unpaid interns.
- Download and modify this sample application, as needed.
- Ready to connect with partnering schools or institutions? Here’s a website you might find helpful.
Bring Job Seekers to Elevate: CALA’s Conference & Trade Show
Twice a year, students and job seekers are invited to attend an experiential learning opportunity at Elevate: CALA’s Conference & Trade Show. Click here to contribute as an employer and secure your chance to meet one-on-one with motivated potential employees.